- The picture above is of the fall decor currently hanging from my back kitchen door. I suppose the intention of this seasonal adornment is to add festivity to the ol’ homestead and provide a warm and welcoming greeting to our guests. But, look at that thing. Does that look welcoming to you? It looks more like a 17th century torture device. Rather than serve as a welcome, if I, as a wayfaring stranger, happened upon a door bearing a scarecrow dangling by his disjointed extremities, I’d take that as a sign to look elsewhere for a place to rest my head for the night. Even coming home from work I have second thoughts about what terrors await me should I enter this clearly marked torture chamber. Scarecrows beware!
- I don’t mean to sound crass or disrespectful of the reasonably recently deceased, but I just read yesterday where the wife of Steve Irwin, better known as the Croc Hunter, said that her husband always figured he’d die young. Really? A guy who wrestled humongous alligators on a regular basis thought he might die early? The man who willingly antagonized and tap danced with spitting cobras and deadly asps had an inkling he may die prematurely? How is this news? Like I said, I don’t mean to sound disrespectful, but c’mon, right?
- Speaking of recently deceased, crooner Robert Goulet passed away today. Here are some clips of his greatest work (actually its a link to one clip, but there should be a list of many more on the page).
- This commercial make me want to punch puppies. What happened to Cuba Gooding Jr.? First Snow Dogs and now this? Is no one showing him the money anymore?
- And these commercials make me want to drink motor oil while having my toenails clipped with a chainsaw while falling off a cliff. This cannot be real, right? This is staged, it has to be. Tell me its staged. You know what makes me most angry about this ad? Its that it almost works for me. Almost.
- This commercial on the other hand is beyond awesome.
- Hey, what do you call a sleep walking nun? A roamin’ Catholic. Ba-dum-cheeee.